Update: RSVP here.
I love git. Really, really love git. I’ve used SVN and PerForce. They don’t come close.
Some folks here at Office Nomads have asked me to give a talk. I figured I’d open it up to the public.
- Location: Office Nomads, 2nd Floor, 1617 Boylston, Seattle.
- When: Noon to 2pm, October 5, 2010
- Cost: Proof of a $25 donation to EFF or Fix Congress First. (If you’re tight on cash, let’s talk.)
- The original Getting Git introduction by Scott Chacon.
- From the man himself, Linus being hilarious talking about the why and how of git.
- Create a free account on github.
- Install software for your machine:
- Windows: go with Git Extensions. Pick the 203 “complete” release. Should integrate nicely into Visual Studio, too.
- Command line
- If you use Mac Ports or another package manager, use that to get the latest git (1.7*)
- Otherwise, install from here. (I use MacPorts, so I have no clue how this works)
- GitX experimental branch. See the link to 3.0.3 at the very top of the page.
- You don’t need my help…